- Ikonische Gesten. Grundzüge einer linguistischen Theorie
De Gruyter, Berlin and Boston, 2013.
- Pointing and Reference Reconsidered
Journal of Pragmatics, vol. 77, pp. 56-79, 2015
- Assessing Cognitive Alignment in Different Types of Dialog by means of a Network Model
Neural Networks, vol. 32, pp. 159-164, 2012.
- Modeling Co-Verbal Gesture Perception in Type Theory with Records
Proceedings of the Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS’16), pp 383-392, 2016. Best Paper Award.
- On Three Notions of Grounding of Artificial Dialog Companions
Science, Technology & Innovation Studies, vol. 10 (1) , pp. 31-36, 2013.
Since January 2011, I am a research assistant at the Text Technology Lab at the Goethe University Frankfurt.
I studied linguistics, philosophy and German philology at Bielefeld University. During my studies, I worked as scientific assistant in several projects:
- B1 “Speech-Gesture Alignment” in the Collaborative Research Center 673 “Alignment in Communication” (June 2006 to January 2011). In this project, I contributed in building the Speech-and-Gesture Alignment Corpus (SaGA). I also developed an account for the meaning of co-verbal iconic gestures and how they interact with speech (see dissertation.).
- Linguistic Networks (September 2009 to December 2010).
- Research Unit 437 “Text Technological Modelling of Information”, project A2 Secondary structuring of information and comparative analysis of discourse (Sekimo) (April 2006 to September 2006). In this short-term engagement, I supported the annotation of discourse structure and centering relations, and the assessment of reliability.
- Project B3 “Deixis in Construction Dialogues” of the Collaborative Research Center 360 “Situated Artificial Communicators” (2005). In this project, I participated in investigating the role of pointing in demonstrative reference in task-oriented dialogue.
In 2011, I received my PhD in linguistics at Bielefeld University for my prolegomena for a linguistic theory of co-verbal iconic gesture. The work has been published in 2013 as “Ikonische Gesten. Grundzüge einer linguistischen Theorie”.